Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag




Hello Everyone! I hope you having a fantastic day!! 

Time for another tag!! 
I saw this tag flying around BookTube and I thought it looked like a lot of fun. It is a little latebut that's okay! I do not ever freak out about my TBR list or my reading goals. I just do it for fun and enjoy the books. It is all about the quality of books and not about quantity.   

The original tag was created by Read Like Wild Fire 


1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2015. 

This was a really hard one! I have read so many amazing books this year. It is definitely a toss up between All The Bright Places and 
I'll Give You The Sun

 


2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2015.



Love this series! I love all the books in this entire series and they really do get better and better. I cannot wait for Queen of Shadows to come out!!

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.


I cannot believe I have not read this yet. I have been on the hold list for this one at the library FOREVER! 



4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.

I actually have two. They are probably on everyone's list for this tag! I am so excited to meet Sarah J Maas in September at a book signing event.

 I also cannot wait to finish The Lunar Chronicles. I still need to read Cress too!





5. Biggest disappointment.


I definitely was very disappointed in this book. I wanted so much more from this, especially since I love John Green and TFIOS. But I think my expectations were way too high. I am still looking forward to the movie! Hopefully I can see it this weekend.



6. Biggest surprise.


This book was so fantastic! I loved the story and the characters. It was so well detailed and intense. Highly, highly recommend this one!



7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)

Brandon Sanderson

I was so blown away by his writing style. His books are so intricate and epically beautiful. I am so glad that I read his books. It leaves very high expectations for all other high fantasy series. 



8. Newest fictional crush.

I do not really have any fictional crushes. I do admire a lot of characters but I do not think  I would call it a  "crush". A character that I admire a lot and find absolutely charming has to go to Cricket from...






9. Newest favorite character.

This is a very easy pick and I absolutely love this character and this series. I consider this one of my favorite series of all-time. I cannot say enough great things about it. 

Celaena from the Throne of Glass Series



10. Book that made you cry.

If you have read this book you know exactly why I am choosing it. This book made me cry to the point where I had to stop reading the book. It is such a powerful and moving book. 




11. Book that made you happy.

This book was so light and fluffy. I loved all the details of Paris! It really made this story come to life. This book put a very big smile on my face and it also contains one of my favorite book quotes that makes me very happy. 



“For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.”


12. Favorite book to film adaptation you saw this year.

I have not watched many film adaptations this year. 
I did watch the Maze Runner when it was released onto RedBox and I really liked it. I thought they did an amazing job selecting the characters and making The Glades come to life. 

I also am really enjoying The 100. I have not read the book series but I am really enjoy the series. 



  

13. Favorite review you've written this year. (Booktube version: Favorite video you have done so far in this year)

I love doing The Top Ten Tuesday posts! They are a lot of fun! One of my favorites is my...
Top Ten Beach Reads
14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)




15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?

Here are a few of the books I would love to read by the end of the year. 


I am tagging...


Cait @ PaperFury

Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

I hope you all do this fun tag!!



Thanks for visiting today everyone! 

I would love to know what is the best book you have read so far in 2015?

Happy Reading!!



12 comments:

  1. What a fun tag! I've seen it on BookTube but I think you're the first blogger I've seen do it. I have *got* to continue on with the Throne of Glass series. I've only read the first book so far and while I wasn't blown away, I have heard that they get better and better. Paper Towns... meh. I was not a fan, either. I just picked up The Wrath & the Dawn at the library and I'm hoping to start it soon. It's sooo outside my comfort zone but the rave reviews have me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I watch a lot of book tube so I like doing a lot of their tags. YES! You need to read the rest of series for Throne of Glass! They seriously go to a whole new level in the sequels. I wanted to like Paper Towns but I just was so disappointed. Wrath of the Dawn is amazing! Such intense characters, great story, the details in the story are incredible! Loved it! I cannot wait for sequel.

      Delete
  2. This is such a good tag! It also looks hard lol!!! You had great answers though. I loved I'll Give You the Sun as well. Anna and the French Kiss is a great happy book. Total fluff in all the best ways. I still need to read The Wrath and the Dawn. I keep saying it but I do!! Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very hard to narrow my choices but it was a lot of fun! I am so glad you liked I'll Give You The Sun. It is one that is going to stick with me for a while. I need to read her other book! YES! You should definitely read The Wrath and the Dawn! It is great! I cannot wait to see your answers to the tag!!

      Delete
  3. All the Bright Places!! Seriously, that book is fantastic and not what I was expecting in some aspects. I'm glad that the author took a risk in writing a book like this because not many authors go in depth with these subjects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!? It was amazing!! I was worried that the hype was going to kill it for me but it totally lived up to all the hype and then some! I loved EVERYTHING about this book. The only problem I have is that I do not own it. I need it on my shelf! I had borrowed it from the library.

      Delete
  4. OMGGGG THANK YOU FOR TAGGING ME. I seriously started reading this post and was like "I'm gonna steal this". But. You're making me honest. XD hehe, Anyway, I love this! And I agree TW&TD was absolutely phenomenal and one of my newest favourite books. :D I also read my first Brandon Sanderson book this year, and while I loooved it, I really wish I could find his books on audio because. Woah. They're intense and long. *collapses in exhaustion*

    I LOVE THE MAZE RUNNER. Or Dylan O'Brien. Mostly Dylan O'Brien, but, pfft. The movie was excellent too. xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are always welcome to steal a tag! Ha! I do it all the time!! I cannot wait to see your answers to this tag! TW& TD was amazing! I cannot wait for the sequel. I am already craving Sanderson's writing style! It is a lot - but I love it! I am shocked they don't him on Audible! The Maze Runner was great- I cannot wait for The Scorch Trials! Thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're the second blogger I've read about this week who liked All The Bright Places and was disappointed in Paper Towns. I have Paper Towns in my to-read stack - but now I'm wondering if I'm even going to like it. Well see. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely give it a try. I still rated as a three star book. It just didn't blow me away. I think my expectations were just too high. I am really looking forward to the movie.

      Delete
  7. Yes, yes, and yes. We have so many of these in common in one way or another. I haven't read The Throne of Glass series, but did read The Assassin's Blade and am hooked. Ember in the Ashes is a book that I would like to read but haven't. I will wait until more in the series release and I finish up some of the series that I already have going. I look forward to reading Winter, but am behind and still need to read Cress and Fairest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to read Cress and Fairest too! :) I am hoping to reread the entire series before the release of Winter. I love Throne of Glass! You should definitely read the series. It gets better and better. Heir of Fire was my favorite! :) I just got Ember in the Ashes and I am looking forward to reading it soon. :)

      Delete